Victron AGM battery & 150A busbar kit – Pick from 110Ah-260Ah battery bank
A battery subsystem kit includes everything you need to install a Victron AGM battery as part of your off-grid electrical system. This kit includes 150A busbars and a choice of Victron AGM batteries, as well as all required cables, fuses, lugs and switches to fully install the subsystem. It includes:
- Pick from 110Ah, 130Ah, 165Ah, 2x 110Ah or 2x 165Ah AGM battery
- Battery monitor (BMV or SmartShunt)
- 2x 150A busbars
- Battery isolator switch
- Required DC cable, cable lugs & fuses
- Choose a 80A, 100A, 125A or 150A system fuse (see description for advice on how to choose)
Is this kit suitable for me?
This battery subsystem kit includes 150A busbars. So, it’s suitable for a total system current up to 150A. However, we have included options for 80A, 100A, 125A or 150A system fuses. The use cases below can help you choose which is most suitable for you:
- 80A fuse – up to 70A system current (12V loads only)
- 100A fuse – up to 80A system current (e.g. 12V loads & 250VA inverter)
- 125A fuse – up to 110A system current (e.g. 12V loads & 500VA inverter)
- 150A fuse – up to 135A system current (e.g. 12V loads & 800VA inverter)
If your total system current is higher than this, take a look at our other battery kits.
Which battery should I choose?
Your required battery capacity will depend on several factors:
- How much time you will spend off-grid
- How often you will use your van
- What appliances you will use off-grid
- What recharging methods you have
Generally, we recommend calculating your daily power usage, and then multiplying this by 3. This should give you a rough idea of how much usable battery capacity you need. We recommend that you don’t regularly discharge your AGM batteries more than 80%, or 60% if you will be using your van full-time. So, divide your usable battery capacity by this percentage to calculate your total required capacity.
If you want help speccing your electrical system, check out our electrical design service, Nomadic Energy.
Wiring diagram & installation guidance
All of our kits are supplied with a subsystem wiring diagram and installation guidance. So, you can install your system easily and be confident it’s installed correctly. If you need any support during the install, contact us and we can provide additional support.
Looking for a different battery kit?
View the full range of battery subsystem kits, available with both AGM and lithium batteries, for 12V and 24V systems.
Victron products are high quality and have a long warranty. So, that’s why we include Victron AGM batteries in our Nomadic Energy electrical systems.
Systems that give back
We are members of 1% for the Planet. This means that for every product purchased from Climbingvan, 1% of the total cost will be given to The Honnold Foundation, to provide solar power to underprivileged communities. If you want your electrical system to have more of a positive impact, purchasing your components from us at Climbingvan will mean you can give back as well as powering your off-grid system.